I took a picture of the soffit all taped up for the final round of painting, I thought the muted colors made by the tape actually looked kind of cool.
So the funny thing is, as I was painting the yellow, I started wondering why I was using so much more yellow than I had orange or blue. I didn't think much of it until I was laying in bed and realized that I had messed up my pattern. Well "messed up." I meant to paint the diamonds in this pattern, "blue, orange, yellow, blue, orange, yellow . . ." But instead I did "blue, yellow, orange, yellow, blue, yellow . . ." I was mortified but at that point I could only hope for the best - it was WAY too late to turn back.
But in the end, I think it turned out better with my "mess up." I think it gives the pattern more of an argyle look.
I still need to go back and clean up some spots where the paint bled and erase the pencil marks but I'm really digging it. Once I get the yellow countertops in and the turquoise Marmoleum on the floors, it's going to look stunning in the kitchen. Bright and cheerful, exactly what I'm shooting for. I'm going to make a new valance for the window too - just a white cotton panel with three rows of rick rack in blue, orange, and yellow.